Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nursery Rhyme Paintings


I recently found a couple of vintage nursery rhyme prints that I absolutely loved. I wanted to recreate the prints, but use a different medium and color scheme. The paintings on the left and the right are based off of the original illustrations by Ethel Schacherer, from the 1920's and 1930's. The painting in the middle is my own creation done in Ethel Schacherer's style. I used water colors and pen as my medium for these paintings. I'm looking forward to mating and framing them and displaying them in my own home. Thank you Ethel Schacherer for inspiring me with your artwork! Images of her original work can be found at http://angelinaladawn.blogspot.com/2010/06/vintage-fairy-tale-treats.html . Thank you Angelina La Dawn for introducing me to Ethel's work. Also, thank you Renee for the idea of painting Little Miss Muffet as my original piece in Ethel's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment